Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pinteresting & Gardening

Ok, so I am officially on Pinterest.

I am not so sure what exactly it is all about, but ~ at the urging of my best friend ~ I created an account and started to play around with pinning. And re-pinning.

It took me a bit to get even a basic understanding, but by the end of the night, I created three boards on which to pin. 

One, I practiced "pinning" by creating a place for one of my favorite artists' paintings of angels and such, William Bouguereau.

Two, I took some recipes off this blog and "pinned" them to a board called Cabin Chat Cooking.

Three, I started a board to pin different types of flowers for my summer garden that I am creating at the cabin in a few short weeks.

The key here ~ I should say, keys here are these:

1)  I never really gardened before, but the cabin needs one and is the perfect place to grow one.

2)  Since I have no gardening experience, so I put it out there on FB so I could get pointers, tips, advice, direction.  Believe me, I did.

3)  I learned a few things, but mainly that I want to plant perrenials that deer won't eat.  Deer are abundant in that neck of the woods, and I would like to find a way for them to co-exist peacefully with my flower garden.

That being said, I am now pinning perrenials that deer won't eat to my Flower Garden board if you are at all "pinterested" in recommending a type of flower that fits that category. Looking for lots of color :)

Have a wonderful Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment