Saturday, June 16, 2012

PB&S Cookies: For A Few Good Men

    
      It's the Saturday morning before Father's Day, and I'm in the kitchen preparing a little something for each of the few...well, really... many good men I know.  
     It's nice to know I'll be up baking for a while.
     Everyone who knows me knows that I'm just a huge fan of devoted dads. A good father is a blessing that every child deserves and that no one person can put a price tag on.  The impact a loving father can have on a child's life is immeasurable ~ and it is no greater or less than Mom's. Just it's own unique, irreplaceable brand.
     So, this past week, I started to search for a cookie recipe so, come this Sunday, I could give something to each of these men who have taken the honor of raising children to heart.  I came across this very unique recipe from a very cool and creative blog with beaucoup ideas called This heART of mine by Amy Christie. 
      I visited the dollar store to buy fifteen containers to give the cookies in and then "man-sized" the amount of ingredients below,  quadrupling the recipe found on Amy's blog.

Peanut Butter & Snicker Cookies
(aka PB&S Cookies)
Butter ~ 4 sticks
Peanut Butter ~ 2 cups
Brown Sugar ~ 2 cups
Sugar ~ 2 cups
Eggs ~ 4 eggs
Vanilla ~ 2 tsp
Baking Soda ~ 2 tsp
Salt ~ 1 tsp
Flour ~ 7 cups
Snickers Brand Miniatures ~ 2 bags of 13 oz each
Chocolate Morsels ~ 1 package ~ 24 oz
     First, mix together butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Once the mixture is light and fluffy, add in eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
     In a separate bowl, mix together salt, baking soda, and flour, and then to the other ingredients.
     Unwrap all Snickers Miniatures and set in a bowl. 
     Divide dough into about one tablespoon-sized pieces, flatten, then wrap dough around a snicker, forming a ball.
     Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
     Let cookies cool on a baking rack or wax paper.
     Place the chocolate chips in a plastic storage bag and microwave on medium power at 30 second intervals until melted.  Snip a small hole in the corner of the bag and drizzle the finished cookies with melted chocolate.
     Allow for all the cookies to cool, then set them in the gift containers.
     For this occasion, I made little gift tags with each dad's name on it and the following from quotegarden.com:

"He didn't tell me how to live.
 He lived, and let me watch him do it."
  ~Clarence Budington Kelland
    
Have a wonderful Father's Day :)


Check Out
for Adventures in the Kitchen,
in the Garden, & in Fitness

Related Blogs








    

1 comment:

  1. My family members every time say that I am wasting my time
    here at net, except I know I am getting experience every day by reading thes nice content.


    My blog - ramadan recipes ()

    ReplyDelete