Saturday, June 23, 2012

Crock Pot Mushroom Pizza Burgers

    
     Everything about this weekend is perfect, except that I won't be getting to the cabin. But soon!
     In the meantime, I am enjoying the day with the family, getting things done, listening to country tunes, and loving this beautiful summer day.
     While having my morning coffee, I decided that today was another crock pot day because, quite frankly, the grill needs cleaning ~ which I don't have on my "to do" list today.
      So I mixed together the following ingredients and now about ten turkey burgers are slow cooking in my cherished crock:

Ground Turkey ~ Two pounds (Or Ground Beef)
Onion ~ One medium
Mushrooms ~ Baby Bella, 8 ounces
Eggs ~ 2
Bread Crumbs ~ 1 cup
McCormick Pizza Seasoning ~ 1 tsp
Salt ~  1/2 tsp
Pizza Sauce ~ 1 jar,
Mozarella Cheese ~ About 10 slices

     Chop one-third of the mushrooms and add to chopped onion in a big bowl.  Set remaining mushrooms aside. Mix in eggs, bread crumbs, seasoning, salt, and turkey.  Shape into 8 to 10 patties. (Keep bread crumbs on hand in case you need to add a little more to help form patties, depending on type and texture of meat.)
     Place in crock pot and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.  (I don't know that it's necessary, but, since the patties will stick together most times, I loosen the burgers up about half-way through the cooking period and rearrange them in the crock.)
     When ready to serve, use turkey baster to remove any liquid from the crock if necessary. Sautee the remaining mushrooms, then create your pizza burger by placing each patty on a bun and topping it with about a tablespoon of pizza sauce, one slice of cheese, and mushrooms.  Next step: enjoy.    
Have a wonderful weekend :)
    
     




No comments:

Post a Comment