Thursday, January 31, 2013

Adventures in Fitness: Meet My Little Friend Leslie


     Ok, so here goes. I'm going to start off this post with a confession.
     Well, on second thought, let me share my excuses first.  Since August, my life has undergone many changes.  I changed jobs, worked two of them for a time, had a long and tiring bout with the flu this winter, and dealt with some tough issues watching people I love suffer.
     But that's the stuff of life, right?  It has its challenges ~ sometimes more, sometimes less ~ but these forge us into stronger beings that are hopefully better, kinder, wiser.  I'm basically happy, and I am not even really complaining, just explaining.
     Explaining what, you ask?  The *%$@$!~pound weight gain that became an additional challenge on top of it all!
     In times like these, living inside my fitness DVD collection is an old friend named Leslie Sansone.  She doesn't know me, but I know her and several of her workout videos. (And when I say "little friend" in the title of my post, I only do homage to American cinema.  Trust me, Leslie has made BIG changes in a lot of people's lives.)
     For those who don't know her, Leslie is the one I turn to when my body needs to start moving again.  Famous for her walk-at-home video concept, you might know her from the "Walk Away The Pounds" info-mercials.
     All in all, her workouts are for a wide range of fitness enthusiasts: those who haven't worked out in a while (moi), those who have never worked out at all,  those who benefit from gentle and modifiable movement, and those who enjoy a regular intermediate workout. Though they can be intensified, they tend to be less harsh compared to the collections of Jillian Michaels or Cindy Whitmarsh ~ but it is exactly this tame approach that lures a girl back in to the world of workouts.  Knowing that you are not going to get pushed to the brink or screamed at is precisely why this walking series has appealed to and been effective for so many people.  
     I am one of them. 
     In a later blog, I will give you the the entire scoop on using Leslie's multiple walking workouts along with an effective eating plan for weight loss.  But for today, just giving a shout-out to my old pal Leslie. She's funny, encouraging, silly, and encouraging:)
     If you haven't worked out in a while (or ever), you will want to meet her. Here are some links:
Have a Wonderful Walk:)





No comments:

Post a Comment