Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Game Day Buffalo Chicken Dip

    
     Since I started chatting from the cabin with you last December, I've shared some of many loves, hobbies, and interests from movies to fitness videos to football.
     Football has been a part of my life since I was born the middle of nine children to a high school football coach and his wife in a small Pennsylvania town.  For me, Fridays equal high school ball, Saturdays are the college games, and Sundays are the NFL contests.
     This fall, my blog will feature a different Game Day Dip recipe for the next sixteen weeks.  So let's get ready for some football with the easy crowd favorite, Buffalo Chicken Dip.
    
     Here you go:

Chicken ~ Two whole
Cream Cheese ~ 16 ounces
Hot Sauce ~ 12 ounce jar of Frank's Red Hot
Blue Cheese Dressing ~ 16 ounce jar
Cheese ~ 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded Colby Jack

     Before we begin, a few things on the ingredients:
     First, I actually cook up several chicken breasts on a Sunday to use in salads or on pitas for the rest of the week.  So from today's chicken cook-up, I will take two whole breasts, since breast are generally sold in a two-pack.
     Also, you can use the hot sauce you prefer.  I go with Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, but there are other varieties that work just as well.
     I go with blue cheese dressing, but others go with ranch and others go half blue cheese, half ranch.
     And the final variation is the cheeseThere are many kinds of shredded cheese that can be used instead of what I use, which is Colby Jack.  Again, you can use what you prefer.
     Of course, you can always "lighten up" the ingredients by opting for lower fat versions of the dressing, cream cheese, and shredded cheese.  I do that often for other recipes, but not typically this one.
     Directions:
     Be by cooking the chicken breast at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until done.  Leave oven on at same temperature. When the chicken is cooked, cut or tear in to small pieces and spread on the bottom of a 9 by 13 -inch baking dish (or the equivalent of 3 quarts.)   Pour hot sauce evenly over chicken.
     In a saucepan over medium heat, combine and cook cream cheese and dressing until blended smoothly, then pour mixture over chicken and sauce.
    Top with shredded cheese evenly over entire baking dish, and bake in oven for thirty minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
    Now, set the dip out with your choice of dippers (see my post WTD?) and you are game-ready!

Are You Ready?
~ Have a Wonderful Game Day ~

No comments:

Post a Comment